Vintage Photograph Increasing Demand
Historical Vintage Photography
Spellbinding Stories Without Uttering a Word
"Nothing Captures History Like Photography"
The reasons people collect historical memorabilia whether it be art, sports or entertainment are endless. In the case of vintage photography, I will offer my own opinion.
Unlike baseball cards, coins or even high value paintings, a photograph tells a story by capturing a real moment in time. Whether it be a horrifying image of War, Thomas Edison in his laboratory, JFK riding in his convertible on a nice sunny day in Dallas, Neil Armstrong looking out the window of Apollo 11, John Lennon signing an autograph for David Chapman or Marilyn Monroe on Santa Monica Beach in July 1962, photos can tell a 1000 word story without ever saying a single word.
As a collector of vintage movie, sports and historical memorabilia, I have seen the vintage photograph collecting market soar in the past few years. In December vintage photos from the Robert Frank Collection sold at Sothebys for just under $4 million , See Here..
This past Fall an authentic Billy the Kid photo was found and is now valued at $5 million when it goes up for auction.. And as I’ve posted in the past Original period photos from American culture icons like Babe Ruth, Marilyn Monroe, Elvis, JFK and others are gaining widespread popularity and demand and hence selling at record prices.
And the media is picking up on this trend. Below is part of a recent article sent to me from the Arizona Republic. Consequently, more vintage photography shows and specialty auctions are popping up.
Be sure to check out our Historical Vintage Photography Collection HERE...
Also, note the editorial from the same newspaper of a woman asking about a Frank Sinatra autograph (sorry I couldn’t pass up the plug ..) ). You never know when your name will come up, so be considerate to everyone!
This is the seventh item I have purchased from Kevin and once again I am very satisfied.Highly recommend.
Read More ->
Amazing Treasures AND Customer Service - 5 STARS !
I am so glad I found Conway's Vintage Treasures online. My only regret is that no one told me about it sooner!! A class act!
Read More ->
- Is Collecting Immune to Recession?
- History of Movie Posters
- Safe Buying Online Guide
- Our LIFETIME GUARANTEE
- Lobby Cards
- How to SEARCH for items on this web site
- Wizard of OZ Turns 75
- Make an Offer Day - April 1, 2016
- Autograph Collectors: Don't Ever Be Scammed Again
- Babe Ruth Ball sells for $264,500
- Interior Designers Challenged by Atypical Projects
- Hollywood History: A Love Affair with America
- Online Payment SCAMS
- Top Ten Most Valuable Autographs
- My Week With Marilyn
- Frank Sinatra "High Society" Co-Star Dead at 95
- Historic Photography
- Thank You Neil Armstrong
- Wizard of OZ Missing Scene
- Fraud Autograph Seller Attacks Us! Reviews Complaints Conway's
- Ten Warning Signs a Dealer May Be Selling Autograph Forgeries
- Holy Grail of Collecting: Wizard of OZ
- Most Valuable Autograph Ever Sold
- A Chilling Letter from the "Father of the Nuclear Submarine"
- Investment Demand Skyrockets for Vintage Sports Memorabilia
- Judy Sings Merry Christmas
- Magic of Provenance
- MINT "Rolled" Vintage Movie Posters - Real or FAKE?
- Pawn Stars Flawed Appraisals: My Side of the Story
- Rare Vintage Horror Discovery!
- Vintage Movie Posters Sign-up Form
- Vintage Photograph Increasing Demand
- What Makes a Collectible Valuable?
- WHY Authenticity Means Everything!
- Why You Should Buy Autographs ONLY from a UACC Dealer